American Society of Appraisers
Reston, Virginia, US
Avg. Rating 0.0 (0 reviews)
About this Association
The American Society of Appraisers is a world renowned and respected international organization devoted to the appraisal profession. As the oldest and only major appraisal organization representing gems & jewelry appraisers and all other appraisal specialists, ASA is dedicated to providing the highest possible standards in all areas of ethics, professionalism, education and designation criteria.
Their mission is to foster the public trust of their members and the appraisal profession through compliance with the highest levels of ethical and professional standards.
They aim to:
- Foster professional excellence in members through education, accreditation, publication and other services with an emphasis on professional ethics to protect the public;
- Establish and maintain principles of appraisal practice and a code of ethics for the guidance of their Members;
- Provide valuation education to practising appraisers and others, like ASA’s Fundamentals of Jewelry Appraisal, Introduction to Appraising Jewelry for Insurance Coverage, Foundations I: Appraising Gems and Jewelry for Insurance Coverage and other courses;
- Award professional designations to qualified Members, like the Master Gemologists Appraiser® (MGA);
- Strive for universal recognition that Members are objective, unbiased appraisers and consultants of values;
- Promote the exchange of ideas and experiences among Members, as well as provide valuable networking opportunities at key events, like the ASA International Conference;
- Seek to attain recognition of the appraisal profession by both public and private enterprise;
- Cultivate a community of interests amongst users of and members of the appraisal profession through programs like ASA’s dedicated Gems & Jewelry microsite, monthly e-newsletter, discussion board, #ASAGJ social media content and blog posts.
- Promote research and development in all fields of the appraisal profession, as well as share best practices and resources like ASA’s Jewelry Appraisal Handbook;
- Help the public and professionals find ASA accredited gems & jewelry and other specialized appraisers. The ASA’s membership levels are comprised of four categories: Professional, Student Affiliate (Free), Ally (Free for a limited time) and Affiliate. The ASA also have a special program for benefit partners.
For more information about the American Society of Appraisers, the ASA designation or the Society’s free ‘Find an Appraiser’ Referral System, please contact the ASA by phone, email or via their website, all of which are shown at the top of this page.
- Identity: Incorporated Association, Non-Profit
- Managed By: Board of Govenors
- Parent Entity: Automonous
- Inception: 1936
- Public & Trade Professionals
- Home Country & International
- Number Members: Above 5000
- Min Member Fee: $299
- Post Nominals: hover to reveal
MGA, AM, ASA, FASA, IFA, CEIV
- Courses Available: Yes
- Topics: Gemology, Appraisal, Expert Witness
- Residential / Classroom
- Travelling Workshops
- Online / Distance Learning
- Annual Conferences
American Society of Appraisers
11107 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 310
- Free, on-site
- Walk-in visitors welcome
- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Share this page on your favourite networks
The jewelry appraisal businesses below have a least one staff Appraiser who is a member of, or has credentials with the American Society of Appraisers. Sorted by Country, State and then by City.
Unlike the reviews of Appraisers on Jewellery Appraisers of the World, reviews of associations are not and cannot be verified.