Terms and Conditions of Use
A. Intellectual Property
- The content of the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics and trademarks are the property of Jewellery Appraisers of the World (hereafter, referred to a "JAW") and are protected by copyright and other laws. JAW will actively pursue any known copyright infringement to the full extent of the law.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use JAW content in any way except for your own personal use. Nor may you use the our website to create, amend, update or verify any databases, directories, customer lists, mailing lists or other records.
- The use of JAW data as a source or target for direct marketing, telemarketing, market research, or any other marketing activity on yours, or someone else's behalf, is strictly prohibited.
B. Website Warranties
- While we try to ensure that all content featured on the Website is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted by JAW for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the Website.
- JAW will not be liable for any loss or damage, financial or otherwise as a result of you using the information provided on the website, nor does JAW guarantee the suitability or quality of any services featured on the website.
- The Jewellery Appraisal business (hereafter referred to as the "Associate") shall be primarily engaged in the appraisal/valuation of jewellery and related products, gemstone identification and grading, and jewellery/gemstone market research. These activities, in this context, must represent in excess of 50% of the business activity (time and effort).
- Associates will be qualified Gemmologists and hold membership(s) with appraisal-related associations. An exception may be made where the Associate's reputation and excellence is widely-known and accepted internationally.
- The Associate gives permission to JAW to approach trade-related associations, governing bodies, organisations and institutions with their details to verify their claims relating to memberships and qualifications.
D. Associate's Profiles
- The Associate's profile text must be factual, claims made must be credible, current, accurate and must not degrade competing businesses. Misleading or inaccurate profiles will be rejected.
- All images, logos and trademarks must be the Associate′s to use or permissions gained to use them.
i) The Reviewer
- The reviewer must be a genuine client of the Associate being reviewed, or in the case of an Trade Association being reviewed, had genuine interaction with the association.
- If the dealings were indirect (e.g. via a Jeweller), the Reviewer should disclose this in the review so as not to attribute the service received from the intermediary to the Associate.
- The review must be constructive and be of benefit to potential future clients reading the review.
- The review will not be misleading, defamatory or abusive.
- The Reviewer agrees to allow JAW to contact the business quoting the report number and date with a request to verify that the details are valid. The Reviewer also gives permission for the Associate to confirm this information. This paragraph does not apply to the Reviewer of a Trade Association.
- JAW reserve the right to alter incorrect spelling and grammar in the review text, whilst keeping the meaning the same.
- Reviews from the trade are not encouraged but are allowed. The Associate must have at least one review from a member of the public before a trade review will be accepted. The business name of the Reviewer must be disclosed. This paragraph does not apply to the Reviewer of a Trade Association.
ii) The Appraiser
- The Associate shall not solicit reviews from clients on a selective basis. Either all should be invited to review the business or none at all.
- The Associate shall respond to a report validation request from JAW in a timely and unambiguous manner.
- The Associate accepts that they will not know the contents of the review until the review is published.
- The Associate has the right to have one response published per review.
- If you see any content on the site that is incorrect, is illegal or breaches anyone else's rights, please contact us.
- JAW reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without notice. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should cease use of the website.